Contact the Library
Last Updated: Jul 27, 2021 Views: 25
Problem: I can't access the page/open/load the article.
- You need to start at the Library's website, for example by using the Library’s search tool or going to Databases A-Z, Journals A-Z or a research guide. It is not possible to go directly to the service via a search engine or by typing the address in the address field of your browser.
- Delete cookies and cache in your browser.
- Try another browser.
- Make sure the Library has access to the journal. Search for the name of the journal in Journals A-Z and see which issues/volumes we have access to. Be careful with spelling.
- If accessing the article via the search tool does not work, try looking up the journal in Journals A-Z instead, follow the link to the journal and then find the article there.
- Try logging into the Staff Portal or Student Portal to see if you have entered the correct password (User ID + Password A). There is no connection that allows you to access e-resources after logging in there, but it is the same credentials, so if you can't access this either, something is wrong with your login.
Problem: I can't access the Library's e-resources even though I've logged in to the Student Portal or/Staff portal
Answer: There is no connection between the Library’s resources and the Student Portal/Staff portal. Instead, you log in after following the link taking you to the article.
Problem: The link takes me to journal instead of the article
Solution: "Browse" to the correct issue or use the search function on the page if one is available.
Problem: Error message "You are trying to reach a page that only Uppsala University staff and students have access to"
Solution: Contact the head of department or equivalent at your institution regarding access decisions.
If none of solutions work, please contact us via phone or e-mail.